When you have you a serious health disease or even many surgeries or procedures, a lot of inflammation markers can be activated. A few months after my first open heart surgery, I found that eating gluten caused me a lot of issues both internally and externally. Everything my stomach pains, muscle spams, and skin breakouts.
Over the years, I’ve been learning and trying new gluten free recipes. I used to buy gluten free croutons at the grocery store, but are way too expensive and you get very little. I decided to make own version of gluten free croutons.
Let me tell you, I was so excited how they turned out!!! Slightly nervous and had to play around with oven temperature and roasting time, but finally got it just right.
Here is the recipe 🙂
*Trader Joe’s Gluten free bread (any kind will really work)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour a little Olive Oil over baking sheet making sure the whole sheet is covered.
- Cut 4-5 pieces of Gluten free loaf of bread. Trader Joe’s for the win for me.
- Place pieces of bread all over baking sheet.
- Add a little salt and pepper and mix again.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Enjoy on salads or in tomato soups 🙂
I am so looking forward to cooler weather and making tomato soup to just basically add these croutons in:)
Tell me how you enjoy croutons?